Thread: Consolidating my tying materials

Threaded View

Default Consolidating my tying materials

Just thought I'd share something I picked up for my tying room/man-cave. Like many folks here on FAOL, I have a large quantity of tying materials that I've collected over the years. I'm in the process of organizing my materials which are now stored in a multitude of small plastic bins, tubs etc. I picked up a large, portable military surplus case that will replace about 10 of my assorted tubs, etc. This thing is made like a tank. It is water proof, air tight, the aluminum insert has 8 drawers each with aluminum dividers that can be configured any way I want to. It has wheels so I can bring tons of stuff when I tie at shows. It wasn't exactly cheap, but it will make life much easier in my tying room and when traveling to shows. It would also work great for someone who does not have a "dedicated" tying area, as it would allow them to store all their materials including their vise in one portable case that can be stored away safe from the elements (including bugs) when not in use.

It's going to be a great addition to my tying room. I post photos when I have it all filled up

Jim Smith
    Last edited by James Smith; 11-06-2012 at 12:07 PM.