Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
Recently had a non warranty (no card) tip replacement from Sage. $50. with $12. shipping.
Good deal. Not saying that it doesn't happen, just that it shouldn't be expected. Along with stories like hap's where the manufacturer has charged something for repairs, I've heard plenty where a manufacturer has been good enough to make repairs for someone other than the original owner, without questions or charges. In my view, the latter is a bonus, the former should be of no surprise to you if you're not the warranty holder. I don't have an axe to grind here and I don't particularly like feeling like I'm defending a company when I don't know the details of their position, but I'm a big "two sides to every story" guy and it's not hard for me to see how this could've unfolded and would with other companies as well. As for the reasonableness of that $132, none of us are in a good position to judge that, since we don't have the benefit of that email and don't know what (if anything) was done beyond a tip replacement.