+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November Thanful Thread... :-)

Hybrid View

Default November Thanful Thread... :-)

I have alot to be thankful for... The last seven years of my life have been awesome. My fishing has been the best its ever been. I am also very thankful Nighthawk sent that Cane rod to Betty. That thread in itself was a blessing to me... I could list a ton of things I am thankful for...

The reason for this thread is for you to list at least one thing you are thankful for :
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Dear Tim, I am so thankful to have you in my life! You've been a source of strength for me through my trials and tribulations! Thank you. Hugs.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I am very thankful for FAOL and it's members. I am so thankful for living in a country where I am free. I am so thankful for my Creator and all He has done for me and members on this site.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

We will have the grandkids staying with us this weekend. Need I say more?
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I am thankful that God brought a wonderful woman into my life 28 years ago. It had to be God because when I was picking them my judgement was pretty poor.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

I am thankful I have a God and a family that love me even though they know me at my worse. I am blessed to have a few true friends that can be counted on when I need them. I live in more comfort and dine better than most of the kings in history. I am thankful my ancestor put aside a successful life in England for freedom in America and for the men and women who came after him who have thus far successful defended that freedom.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

1. Thankful for my Savior, died that I may live.
    2. Thankful my Savior allowed me to walk again some six years ago.
    3. Family.
    4. The outdoors.

NewTyer 1 Guest

I give Thanks, that my wife is still with me. I also give Thanks for giving my 15 yo daughter the strength to deal with her Cancer and lastly, I give the most Thanks to God for being my strength through all this and the current financial hardship. It is by him that I will overcome.

I am thankful for all of the unmerited blessings that God has bestowed on this sinner saved only by His wonderful grace.
    "Angling is tightly woven in a fabric of moral, social, and philosophical threads which are not easily rent by the violent climate of our times."
    -A.J. McClane
    "Song of the Angler" (1967)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecane View Post
    I am thankful for all of the unmerited blessings that God has bestowed on this sinner saved only by His wonderful grace.
    AMEN to that! Me too!!!
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

+ Reply to Thread