+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Fishing Shows

Default Fly Fishing Shows

I am looking to go to some fly fishing shows this coming spring and would like to know of any shows people know of. We have a great show here in South East Idaho, but I would love to know of some others that I might attend. I look forward to hearing of all the shows people like to attend. If you can give me a few details on the shows like where, when, and how to contact them that would be amazing.

Thanks,
    Brandon

I've found the Denver show too repetitive, but it is a big one. My favorite "show" of the year is the fly tying show put on by West Denver TU every winter in Golden, CO. Lots of great tyers and good instructional presentations in the auditorium. A chance to sit across the table with these folks, ask them your questions, and often get solutions to your tying problems. I always come back from it with a lot of new ideas and knowledge.

Two clubs here in south Louisiana have "conclaves" about two weeks apart in early spring. The Gulf Coast Council of the FFF will have one also in late spring. They almost always focus on warm water, so Idaho fishermen might have limited interest,unless you want to catch some monster redfish down here. For dates you can check out laflyfish.com or warmfly.com.
    "So many people are out there doing things they call environmentalism, but only because it's politically correct or has a lot of cache."

This one might be a little far for you.

Midwest Fly Fishing Expo held in Michigan usually the second week in March. Excellent show.
    Here is the link, they should have it updated around November/December for the 2013 show.

http://www.midwestflyfishingexpo.com/vendors.php
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

SowBug held in March in Mt Home Arkansas. You can google "SowBug" and find info on it.

Rick

Thank you for those who have shared with me already. I look forward to looking into these shows, and hopefully many more from other anglers here. Please help me in trying to expand my horizens. I will be filling out my time of request in the next month and would like to have some fun ideas on different shows to attend and learn from.

Cheers,
    Brandon

Brandon, How far are you willing to travel? This may help us from posting shows to far away. Another thing is how long the show is. I now of 3 shows within a 2 hour drive of Indianapolis but they are for 1 day only. Also not all shows have updated there website and wont until the first of the year for some reason. I am still trying to find out the dates for troutfest in TN for next year.

Mike P.

This link should give you lots of information on fly fishing shows across the country:
    http://www.flyfishingshow.com/Fly_Fi...Home_Page.html

Blog Entries

Brandon,
    Up here in the great northwest, we have a nice selection of fly fishing related shows.

On March 8 & 9 over in Albany, Oregon, we have the Oregon Council FFF North West Fly Tyers Expo.Check it out at: http://nwflytyersexpo.com/

On May 3 & 4 we have the WA State Council FFF Fly Fishing Fair in Ellensburg, WA. Here is a link: http://www.washingtoncouncilfff.org/

Usually two weeks before our Ellensburg Fly Fishing Fair there is the East Idaho Fly Tying Expo in Idaho Falls, ID.

Those three shows are totally fly fishing related.

Also, The Fly Fishing Show is coming back to WA State. February 16 & 17 in Lynnwood, WA. http://www.flyfishingshow.com/Seattle.html

Then we have some sporting related shows that are not real strong on fly fishing related booths but there are some.

Tri-Cities Sportsmen's Show Pasco, WA Jan 18 - 20
    Washington Sportsmen's Show Puyallup Fair & Events Center, January 23 - 27
    Yakima Sportsmen's Show February 15 - 17
    Wenatchee Sportsmen's Show February 22 ? 24

Yep, we have a decent selection of events to attend.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Last edited by sagefisher; 10-31-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1971 View Post
    Brandon, How far are you willing to travel? This may help us from posting shows to far away. Another thing is how long the show is. I now of 3 shows within a 2 hour drive of Indianapolis but they are for 1 day only. Also not all shows have updated there website and wont until the first of the year for some reason. I am still trying to find out the dates for troutfest in TN for next year.

Mike P.
    Mike

Troutfest has been cancelled for next year. It may happen in 2014, but no one really knows at this time.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

+ Reply to Thread