Quote Originally Posted by moonlitflies View Post
John
I do appreciate you sharring this and do believe in the process. I have no doubts as to the quality and read about the line and process. I am very impressed with this line from what I have read. I guess I am trying to figure out the bennifit of all the seperate sections being combined together rather than longer sections. What I mean by this is it simply that it is easier to do shorter sections, or does it actually transfer energy better than longer sections? I have heard alot of great things about you guys down in SLC and would love to be able to get out with you guys and learn from your much greater knowledge.

Cheers,
Brandon
Brandon,
Eiji gave me his line making machine when he was here for the 2012 Tenkara Summit in UT. The machine makes the sections in 4 ft lengths. Eiji must have come to the conclusion that 4 ft sections is the best formula for his lines. I never thought to ask why he chose that length. I'll ask him & get an answer for you.

Thanks for the kind comments but we are just humble tenkara fishing guides I don't know how much greater knowledge we really have. What we do have are friends in Japan who are the real tenkara masters. Eiji is one of several that we have regular and constant communication with so if you have specific questions about any traditional tenkara methods, ask me & I will get you an answer from one of the recognized Japanese tenkara masters. It is amazing to fish with these guys. Our friends all have over 25-30 years of tenkara experience. Spending a few days with them is truly humbling because until you get to spend time with a master of his craft, you just don't know what you don't know. I know how little I really know and that is why I am always pestering them for advise and information.

John