+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sandy's Imminent Arrival

Default Sandy's Imminent Arrival

I hope everyone here on the East Coast comes through the storms safely. See you all on the backside of the front.

Regards,
    Scott

Prayers are sent from Wyoming, please take care over there!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

I am sitting right under the bullseye! Yesterday Cabela's had lines out through the parking lot of people waiting to get generators and survival gear. You cannot find a generator, sump pump or sheet of plywood in the area today. Most of the groceries stores are cleaned out as well.

We are about as ready for it as a person can be. Cars gassed up, hatches battenend and dogged down. You just have to keep your chin up. Make the best of the situation.

We've put the firewood on the porch, gassed up the cars and parked away from the big oak, lantern and camp stove ready. I did forget limes.

Stay safe and dry!
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Good luck to all on the East Coast. Stay safe.

Bob9

Everybody okay?

Got word my nephew Jack left Hearndon, VA early this morning heading for Ocean City, MD to check on his condo. Be safe folks. Prayers coming at you from SoCal. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Default Pray that everyone is safe.

My prayer's our out to everyone effected by big storm back east. My thought is stay in and tie flies for next summer.

Bill

We survived. Luckily I only lost power for a few mins ( thank God). We really missed the bullet here. there are numerous trees down all over the area & my dead end street was blocked. All the trees missed my house & cars. Most of the town is still without power, & walking & riding around showed me how really lucky I am. Most of the shore areas I fish are now inaccessible or gone. My buddy's house in Beach Haven is gone. My son's house in Lawrence Harbor which was only recently made livable after Irene made out O.K with just power out. My buddy just took his 30ft boat out of the water on Friday & figured it would be safe in the storage yard, I don't know if they found it yet.
    The pictures on the news & on the internet don't really show the real amount of damage done to the NJ shore. I grew up going to Seaside Heights on weekends & me & later my kids have probably been on every ride that USED to be there. It will be along time before it returns to anything like it was before Sandy, If ever.
    I would like to thank all the volunteers from the other power
    company s who showed up to help & also the police, Nat Guard, Firemen & all the other people who are here helping. I retired from a electric Utility & I know working on Storm recovery is grueling & thankless job. Everyone is glad to see you at first , but after a few days they start yelling at you. This storm was so massive that there are more downed poles & wires,,downed trees, Blown transformers than I can remember & I hope people get to realize that the utilities are doing the best they can. Even the logistics of categorizing the repairs is daunting.
    Our Governor seems to be doing a good job of organizing what he can so He'll get my vote next time he runs.

Excuse the rant but i had to say it

Neil

I am glad you are okay so far. Many prayers being said. I can vouch for the folks in my section at work when I say they are working very hard to get the freight from our military depot to you folks. Now I don't normally make political statements but lets just say that previous administrations, prior to the last two, would have had all of the assets in place ahead of time or at least had a huge head start on it.

You are most certainly entitled to do some ranting.

+ Reply to Thread