We survived. Luckily I only lost power for a few mins ( thank God). We really missed the bullet here. there are numerous trees down all over the area & my dead end street was blocked. All the trees missed my house & cars. Most of the town is still without power, & walking & riding around showed me how really lucky I am. Most of the shore areas I fish are now inaccessible or gone. My buddy's house in Beach Haven is gone. My son's house in Lawrence Harbor which was only recently made livable after Irene made out O.K with just power out. My buddy just took his 30ft boat out of the water on Friday & figured it would be safe in the storage yard, I don't know if they found it yet.
The pictures on the news & on the internet don't really show the real amount of damage done to the NJ shore. I grew up going to Seaside Heights on weekends & me & later my kids have probably been on every ride that USED to be there. It will be along time before it returns to anything like it was before Sandy, If ever.
I would like to thank all the volunteers from the other power
company s who showed up to help & also the police, Nat Guard, Firemen & all the other people who are here helping. I retired from a electric Utility & I know working on Storm recovery is grueling & thankless job. Everyone is glad to see you at first , but after a few days they start yelling at you. This storm was so massive that there are more downed poles & wires,,downed trees, Blown transformers than I can remember & I hope people get to realize that the utilities are doing the best they can. Even the logistics of categorizing the repairs is daunting.
Our Governor seems to be doing a good job of organizing what he can so He'll get my vote next time he runs.

Excuse the rant but i had to say it

Neil