+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wader boot size?

Hybrid View

Default Wader boot size?

I have some stockingfoot waders and want to get some comfortable wading boots to wear with these. What size wading boot normally fits these? For example, if I normally wear 9.5 size shoe, would I go up one full size (10.5) in a wading boot? Or, if most boots are full-size only (no half-sizes), then I suppose I would just go with a 10? Or, are wading boots already sized to accomodate a stockingfoot wader?

Obviously the best scenario would be to take my waders to a store to try on wading boots...but I don't foresee that happening.

Your advice and experience is appreciated.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

If you wear a 9-1/2 shoe, I would definitely go with a size 11 boot. What may feel comfortable on dry land can be tight in 3 or 4 feet of water due to the pressure of the water. And that will be miserable. You can always put some heavier socks on and some insole inserts in if they are too lose.

Dave

I quit using waders, I just go into the water wearing cotton slacks! Wearing some of my "Seen Better Days " shoe wear.

My left foot is a size 11-1/2, my right foot is a size 10. I was born in 1949 when there was no Vitamin D, because of that I developed Rickets, which I still live with to this day. I have another pants, dry socks, and other shoes to switch to when I am done fly fishing.

Other reason I do not use waders is I also have be confirmed having Aklosiis Spondolitis (hereditary from my mothers DNA). So I have a extended Colon and nothing seems to fit. My inseam use to be 31 inch inseam, now it is 27 inch inseam, and all my trousers have to be hemmed before I can wear them.

Not complaining, just stating the facts.
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 10-24-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

I wear a size 10 and I always buy a size larger in the wading boot. I would say buy a size 11, too.

In my experience, it seems to vary by brand. Pick a brand, check out if their website gives any advice on this, e-mai them if it doesn't.

My favorite boots to date are Korkers. They are very responsive to e-mails like this.

My foot size is also 9.5. Even though over sized to accommodate the bootie, I found a sz 10 a little tight. size 11 were a better fit, especially if you wear thicker socks in colder weather. Both boots above were Simms.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    In my experience, it seems to vary by brand. Pick a brand, check out if their website gives any advice on this, e-mai them if it doesn't.

My favorite boots to date are Korkers. They are very responsive to e-mails like this.
    Excellent point, as they do vary. Once you pick a brand also post on several boards to get feedback from others who have actually purchased the same brand.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread