Thread: Idiots in the river

Threaded View

Default Idiots in the river

I imagine that all of us, dedicated flyfishers, Nature and silence lovers, we had not happy encounters in the river sometime.
    I was laughing now, remembering myself about ten years ago...I was casting dries in a nice Patagonian river to a trout behind a boulder, rising for mayflies. A "classic idiot" was watching my action from the bridge almost over my spot, and after a few minutes he started shouting and yelling me about how to present the fly to the nice rainbow. "NO!! cast one yard up river!!..."No, no he's at the left!!"...and the worst part was..."Hey you, can't you hear meeee!!??".
    Of course, other tourists heard him and came to see. My respond was to not respond and to concentrate my casts. The thing was that the trout didn't want any of my flies (changed three or four times for Adams, March Browns, etc. on different size) so this insane elevated his exclamations more and more and asking me if I was dull. At that point I exploded and I shouted the moron (reeling in and running to him) to stop or he'll will be flying from the bridge in seconds. Sorry, I'm laughing again...I can see the guy running to get the opposite coast!!
    My two companions at 60-70yds from there like an audience, were watching all the scene and almost died of laughing.
    (Sorry, my English is not the best but I remembered this story now and wanted to share it with you, guys, I'm sure that you have many stories in the river, not just about trout)
    Last edited by Rocketfish; 10-23-2012 at 01:14 PM.