Thread: Old Style Extended Body

Threaded View

The fish have been really active the past week. Must be getting ready for winter. Not sure what they are taking this fly for, but they certainly have been on it. Something similar today in one place I fished. About fifteen fish in not much more than an hour and a half. In another place, they must have been napping. Half a dozen fish in an hour or so. In a couple other places, it was even slower.

That 5 minute average doesn't really tell the story. When the timing is right, i.e. they are actively feeding and you hit a little pocket where they are stacked up, you might get fish on two or three or four consecutive casts. Do that a few times and you end up with a potful of fish in a hurry.

That kind of catching tends to make me move on to try another fly or someplace else. But I was actually thinking about the "durability" issue yesterday and decided I was going to stick with the fly as long as the fishies kept after it just to see how many fish it would stand up to.

Still don't have the answer. Guess I'll have to go back again tomorrow. Besides, tomorrow will likely be the last day this year on my home water - got some tough weather moving in Wednesday.

John
    Last edited by JohnScott; 11-06-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    The fish are always right.