I lived in Lewiston Idaho for 5 years while my parents lived in Clarkston WA. the area is referred to as the LC valley. Lewiston/Clarkston sits in a little valley it is about 2000 feet lower than the surrounding area. It has very mild winter climate, but in the summer it climbs over the hundred mark for a couple of weeks a year. It isn't very humid there so with Air conditioning its not as bad as it sounds. People move to the LC valley to golf year round etc. The valley gets snow about two weeks a year it snows then melts off. In the five years I was there it snowed more than three inches once. The hospitals are good, there are doctors readily available. Just about anything grows there, if your a Gardener the soil is wonderful. For governments the state of Idaho and the state of WA are too different extremes, the state of WA is democrat and taxes and fees you to death, the state of Idaho is Republican and doesn't have as many fees/taxes etc but doesn't do as much for the people. (look to the fee structure for fishing/hunting licences for an idea of what I am talking about) The fishing/hunting is wonderful, your two hours from two FAOL yearly fish-ins. Were I to move back to that area I would move to the Idaho side the lower taxes etc are worth it.

Now for the bad Lewistons main employer is a papermill in the morning driving to work I would drive through a brown layer of gunk. My wife gets migraines and the papermill was a trigger. If it had not been for the mill I would have never left. My wife also does not do well with cold, it it had not been for the cold winters we would have tried to move to Moscow ID. it is a great little college town.

Hope this helps.

Eric
PM me if you have questions