I greatly appreciate eveyone's input. All of you make valid points that I either have already considered or will be considering in our final decision. As one would expect, there are lots of reasons for our decision to pull up "roots" from here in West Tennessee and "Go West". These include the need to be in a drier climate due to the wife's health issues, the transient nature of the jobs of our two daughters and sons-in-law (one of them is seeking a job in the West), and my desire to not stay around and watch unrestricted development destroy what I worked for over 35 years to try to protect and/or enhance, especially along and in Kentucky Reservoir. Additionally, there is an almost mystical draw pulling me to the West. So, I am going to try to pay heed to the words first written by John Soule in the "Terre Haute Express" in 1851; later made famous by Horace Greeley when the words essentially became the motto of the 19th century: "Go West, young man!" If the Good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, I hope to be out there before New Year's Day 2014!

Gary