... is basically a scaled down Duck's Green Drake, without tails.

Another very simple fly using a furled extended body, a bit of dubbing, and the 9DH hackling method, although on this small fly I did not trim the hackle below the shank.

The fly is tied on a size 18 Dai-Riki 125 hook, which is a 2X short straight eye hook. The extended body is furled antron and .5mm StretchMagic. I used clear StretchMagic and colored it with an olive permanent marker. The post is white antron, and the hackle is grizzly. The fly as tied is roughly equivalent to a fly tied on a standard size 20 dry fly hook ( but has a larger gape ).

I fished the original version, with tails, several days ago on my home water and was very satisfied with the results. Yesterday morning, I decided to do a version without tails. After yesterday's outing on a variety of water that was clear but the color of slightly watered down coffee ...

... with the "no tails" version ...

... I decided the fly deserved a thread of its own.

The fish pictured came up 5-6' from the bottom through that coffee colored water to eat the fly in a very slow moving, almost still piece of water. Another dozen or so took it in fairly deep water with a decent current and / or faster shallower water.

John