+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Thingamabobbers

Default Question about Thingamabobbers

I found one a few weeks ago. It's in perfect working order (I think). How do I attach it to my leader? Do I just thread it on? Do I need to peg it with a toothpick or something?

I have a furled leader on my rod, if that helps.

Ui
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
    I found one a few weeks ago. It's in perfect working order (I think). How do I attach it to my leader? Do I just thread it on? Do I need to peg it with a toothpick or something?

I have a furled leader on my rod, if that helps.
    Pinch your leader to double it over. Pass that through the eyelet of the TAMB'er. After you pull it through, open the loop of the leader and loop it over the TAMB'er and pull. Hope that makes sense.
    Or- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_VjX...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by Mojo; 10-12-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Just my opinion, I would not use a Thingamabobber on a furled leader. Not for any other reason other than Thingamabobbers crimp your leader and I would not ruin a good furled leader. I tried once and the thing slipped on the furled leader until I really cinched the leader and messed it up. Those indicators work really well though on a standard leader.

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

I use thingamabobbers on furled with no ill effect on the leader. When I use a tapered leader I use a dental floss threader and pass the leader through a 1.5" piece of midge tubing wet the leader slide tubing to desired point on the leader than attach the thingamabober using the tubing just like you would the convensional leader. When you want to make a depth correction it makes it much easier to remove the leader loop with the tubing. Than wet the leader slide the tubing to the new location reloop around the indicator and presto done!

Orvis has the thingamabobbers that lock in place. Works better than using a toothpick.
    Randy

+ Reply to Thread