I believe there are three risks from having too strong a tippet. Getting the tip section completely stuck is certainly one, another is having the lillian pulled off. The most serious would be having the rod itself break from trying to stop a fish that is too strong for the rod but not too strong for the tippet.

Most of the rod breakages I've heard of are not from too strong a tippet, although I don't know how many stuck tips might be. I routinely break off 5X (4.7# test) tippet by pulling back on my rods (with the entire rod in a straight line with the line and tippet) when my fly is snagged and I can't reach the line to pull back on it directly. That is on a rod where the "recommended" tippet breaking strength is between .8 and 2.4# test. I've never gotten the tip on one of those rods stuck.

The tippet Erik was using to catch the carp was 4X. I think you'd be safe with that on the 43MF or 53MF, but I would hesitate to recommend 3X. I'm also not sure you'd need 3X, but then again I don't know. New ground is being broken and there isn't much accumulated wisdom yet with respect to what you can get away with.