10-23-12 went to the st clair river in Algonac to try for some late season pike knowing deeper water would probably be the trick. Yakked out to the drop off where there was about six feet of water going much deeper into the channel with large weed beds near the lip. Casted clousers and large fiber streamers getting into two pike but i had to put some work into it. Moved to a mouth of a canal going into a marina and sat outside near navigation bouys facing towards marina and began casting the same green over white fiber streamer. After numerous casts i decided to change up bringing the streamer in across the surface. Just as i was lifting it up a large pike struck it only to lose it seconds later. Continued using that streamer with no further action. Changed to a smaller clouser grey over white with red eyes and began getting rips cast after cast only to lose fish after fish. I did manage my largest bass of the year and several other smaller ones and two more smaller pike. Had several follows as well. Changed streamer color several more times but action died down and called it a day. Water in hthe river is deep and still warm due to the fact its a large river so hopefully be able to hit it one more time this year but after remenants of sandy im not sure.

Ill try to post pics shortly...