Thread: 2013 beginners only fly swaps applications are now open

Threaded View

Default Join Now, Before It Becomes To Late

Those still thinking about joining this years Beginner's Only Fly Swaps... things to think about

1. I have been a member of FAOL since October of 1997 (FAOL started on September 1st of 1997)
    2. I have been hosting these swaps for over 10 years... I was the the FAOL writer of Tying Tips for many years.
    3. Al Campbell was my mentor on fly tying... rod building... and almost everything else I have learned about fly fishing.
    4 First 3 years of the "Beginner's Only Fly Swaps" there were 4 groups of Beginner's Only, doing 6 monthly fly swaps, with 12 - to -14 members in each group.
    5. I supply each member with a card-stock printout of Sylvester Nemes Soft Hackle Size Guide from "The Soft Hackled Fly Addict" book (page 9. A card-stock printout of toe tags for placement on the curve of the finished fly. A card-stock printout of Walt Dette's and Du Bois's Hackle Gauges. 5 pre-addressed 6 inch by 9 inch envelopes for mailing in each months flies, 5 pre-addressed 6 inch by 9 inch envelopes for the return mailing to the member of the swap
    Also supply a Russell Stover Candy Box for storage of the flies while in shipment (complete mailing address of the member secured to the top of the fly shippment box.

One week gone, three remaining. When October 31st comes no more members will be place until January 1st, when the members will be dressing a Nymph fly pattern....

All this swap will cost you is the mailing $1.95 postage for each envelope, best to buy self-adhesive stamps. At the end of each monthly swap each member will be sent (pdf) a full page photo layout (10 pages of each fly pattern and material listings.

Swapmeister Parnelli

Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 10-07-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli