+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on a nu-canoe 10 footer.

Hybrid View

Default Question on a nu-canoe 10 footer.

I currently have a creek boat m96 duck model with a custom made aluminum seat bracket and seat but can only use it by myself.I see this nucanoe in 10 foot model at 60 lbs that shows it to hold two people.Me and my 4 year old daughter will use it mostly,is it stable for both.

Thomas;
    I quite sure Warrenp will be popping in to answer your question as I have only seen how stable the NuCanoe is. It would be no problem with you and your daughter. Somewhere in here is a photo of Warren sitting with his legs over the side and the NuCanoe shows very little list! He was even impressed when he saw the photo!

If you go to the Nucanoe website, there is a bulletin board there, mostly owners. There is a discussion of guys who have tried and a few succeed in flipping their boat. Apparently it takes quite an effort to do so. I have serious Nucanoe lust, if I can sell my jon boat for enough there is definitely one in my future.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Problem with selling mine is a new creek boat in my model sells for 489.00 plus 25.00 shipping and tax now that is bare bones boat.I have added a $100.00 eagle depth finder to mine has a metal Fab shop build me a aluminum seat form and I have added a pedestal swivel and a $120.00 tempress camo bass boat seat on it along with anchor tie downs and mine totals to around $700.00 investment and I am selling it outside my home for $400.00

Thomas,

Sorry for not seeing this sooner and responding. My Mom fell in June and broke her hip and is just now getting home with a walker. I have spent 3 to 4 hous each day that she was in rehab and am now spending more time each day with her at her home. She is 90 and is progressing very well.

The NuCanoe is one of the finest boats I have ever used and I do not get anything for recommending it. I am just very, very happy with mine. I owned and used a 10' model for over 3 years and now have their Frontier 12 model which I enjoy very much. The 10' model will handle you and your daughter and you do not need to worry about stability! You would be hard pressed to ever turn it over. I consider it the most stable craft being offered and it paddles very easily with a double-bladed paddle. It slides through 4" inches of water and handles outboard wakes with ease. You will not be disappointed with a NuCanoe. As Jesse stated, go to the NuCanoe web site and click on their videos and check out all the videos. There is one taken on the Duck River here where I live and it shows how comfortable you can be in a NuCanoe. Pay no attention to the person in the NuCanoe, it is me.

I highly recommend the NuCanoe to anyone.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I second what Warren says. I test drove a NuCanoe and found it ust wonderful. As Warren says it is very stable, wonderful to paddle. I didn't get one because I don't have a truck, yet, and it is just too much to try to haul up on my Jetta wagon. Now, I find a truck, the NuCanoe may be back in play.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread