+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on a nu-canoe 10 footer.

Okay, how far are you transporting it? I have a 16'(?) Oldtown Guide canoe and carry it on my 03 Silverado. I use the hitch extender and the strapon roof bar from Cabelas and have had NO problems transporting it. There is a pic of it on this sight somewhere, not sure where, but it might be worth looking into. Most states have restrictions as how far something may extend behind a vehicle without lights.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Byron think all I need is a flag on the end,my Toyota double cab has a five foot bed and with the tailgate down that's another three feet so two feet will be sticking out.On my truck it has six d hooks at each corner and middle of the bed,I can simply run a buckle strap like I use to use on my roof rack on my fourrunner and run the strap through the middle handles on the nucanoe then another near the tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Nice wheel but I plan on running a piece of grey PVC through that hole then 90 degree turn down to the waterline and mount my transducer at the bottom running my line in the PVC.I am also thinking of adding a screwin hatch plate to access things between the hulls but doing that I will have to cut a round hole either 4" or 6" depending on the one I decide.Right now a lot of places are discounting depth finders as new models are coming out.
    I would not cut any holes between the hulls, I would find another way to do what I wanted. I have used sheet metal screws to attach stuff, but I am very careful not to breech the hulls....just my $0.02....
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

Okay, I didn't register 10' on my first read!! That makes it a lot easier I admit. I also saw the pic of the boat with the wheels and red flags went up until I just looked at it again. Someday I will learn to look twice before reacting!
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread