Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
I was a Mustad user during the Dark Ages (pre Tiemco, Daichi, Dai Riki); simpler times when I'd just use a 94840 for dries and a 3906B for most nymphs. Now that I tie on a variety of hooks - standard shank for most mayfly dries, shorter shank for caddis, hump-shank for hoppers/bulletheads, I hate having to refer to comparison charts, so I've simplified by using mostly Dai Riki hooks. I like their selection, quality and most importantly (to me) cost; never have had an issue with their product.

Regards,
Scott
I'm still in those dark ages, even though I didn't start tying until post Tiemco, Daichi... I may use a few more styles than a 94840 and 3906B, but not many more and all my hooks are Mustad. Perhaps as I "mature" in my tying I'll branch out more. But for now the KISS system works for me. And while I know there are great (possibly better and/or less expensive) hooks out there from other manufacturers, Mustad is where I started, they're what I know (even if a 94840 is now a R50), and they are readily available in my area.

---David