+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brookville

Default Brookville

I fished the tail waters on Sunday the 16th. I was using my Nissin ProSquare Tenkara rod with a 20ft line and 4ft of tippet. I used San Juan worms and other flies. I brought a total of 3 browns to the net and landed 2 gills. I also had several good takes that I was not fast enough on the hook set.

Hope you Enjoyed.
    Mike P.

Awesome, thanks for sharing

Wonderful luck and great pictures. I've been to Brookville twice this month. First time I actually had a large trout call a bluegill over to take my fly and then he laughed at both if us. Actually, I did catch several nice 'gills. Yesterday it was so windy my (Tenkara) line actually went up. Only one 'gill yesterday.

Your pictures only make me want to go back even more. Only about 90 minutes away.

I wanted to go today but thought the wind would be a problem. Instead I went to Fly Masters and got a new fly box to organize my flies for my steelhead flies. I will probably go back again next weekend and try my luck.

Mike P.

Best of luck to you. Please let us know how you do. Next trip for me (besides local ponds) is the Little in Tennessee.

Bill -- Do you plan to fish in the park, or downstream? ~Paul

I'm going Saturday. We'll park in the park and I plan to go downstream towards the fisherman access and then fish back up to the park.

I will also be going Saturday. I will most likely park in the fisherman's parking lot by the tailwater area and the 101 bridge. I will see what the fish are doing before fishing somewhere else.

Mike P.

As long as you are there, it might be worthwhile to eyeball the river just upstream of the 252 bridge. There is no lot, but parking has never been a problem, and the no trespassing signs do not apply to fishing along the bank (I was so advised by a rep of the Central IN TU). At least, it is a helluva lot prettier than the 101 bridge area.

Please keep me in the loop on what you discover.

Billhouk: Is the Little fishable in the winter? I only have a vague idea of winter there; southern latitude but higher altitude may balance out as Indiana temps.

I have not taken any guided trips for some years, but did in the past. It is a wonderful way to learn. I used to tell guides that I was looking for teaching not catching, although there was usually enough of the latter as it turned out.

I know you are now in TN, but a report when you return would be welcomed.

~Paul

+ Reply to Thread