LetortRun:

I hope you're not fishing at your namesake because that place can be brutal at best. I have a friend who has accompanied me there for years and has NEVER caught a fish.

If you are in Carlisle go to the "run" that comes out of Children's Lake in Boiling Springs. Work the section where the wall is, above the footbridge and try some short line nymphing with an indicator. Try just about any nymph that tickles your fancy but change flies frequently if your choice doesn't produce. I have caught fish on just about any nymph I used with great success with nymphs that resemble the naturals for the Run. Try stoneflies, cress bugs, caddis and later on Sulphur Nymphs.

I GUARANTEE that if you stick with the "Run" and strike at ANYTHING that resembles a hit ESPECIALLY a slight hesitation of your indicator, you will catch a fish or three. I learned a lot about nymphing there in my formative years. Ignore the guys that congregate by the bridge and stay upstream. It?s tougher to cast up there so if you have a short rod use that. I typically use a 6?6? rod when I stop by there.

Later on in May and June try Clark?s Creek in Harrisburg. Fish the water with a #16-18 tan caddis or later in the summer a beetle and I guarantee you?ll go home happy.

Have fun, stick with it, and stay away from the Letort for a few years!