I don't have any personal experience with them (I am a die-hard Kayak River Rat), but I have several friends who have them. One say's it is an excellent yacht tender, and he as an after-market sail kit for his. He uses it to sail a lot down around Ft. Walton Beach, Fla. He is happy with it. Two more of my friends use theirs as a dive boat when we go snorkeling for mussels (I use my own boat),. It seems to work well for them. They like theirs.

My own opinion is that it is a nice raft, and that is all. Without a motor, or sail, you won't be covering a lot of distance. It's pretty small to be comfortable for all day fishing for more than 1 person. The bladders are heavy PVC, re-enforced with polyester...a far cry from Hypalon, or even the rip-stop Nylon cover on my Advanced Elements Convertable yak. From watching others paddle them, it is obvious to me that, like most other rafts, they maneuver like a pregnant manatee. I wouldn't even think of taking it down any of the local rivers here. If it lasted more than 30 minutes before being destroyed, I'd be surprised.

If all you want is something that floats, and is durable enough for lakes, large slow rivers, and bays, and don't plan on covering much distance, then this boat would probably be OK, within it's limits.

For general fly fishing, or fishing of any kind, really, I think there are better choices. I'd stick with inflatable canoes, and kayaks. At least that way you have a chance for you and your gear to survive inadvertent fast water, surprise storms, etc....

Here is one of my rides:

Good Luck.
Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
Anyone have any experience or coments about this boat?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8ft-6in-Slat...item2a2253643e