Because of the fly fishing/tying information explosion in the last 20-30 years, this question probably effects fly fishers who've been at it for some time. Here's the proposition and see if anything comes to mind:
You've fished in a certain way, made certain type(s) of casts, tyed a peculiar style of fly, set up your leader/tippet a certain way, found and used a unusual fly tying material, found something that you use in fishing that seems to be unique, etc. In short you learned something ON YOUR OWN and have used that item, technique, etc. for quite awhile. Then, low and behold, you read about the same thing in some book, magazine article, on some web-site, from some guide, etc. Not only do you read about it, the author or source claims that it is something completely new. Now, let's not take anything away from the person making the claim. After all, he/she could have come up with it completely independently, as did you.
Now there are several things like this that has happened to me and I'll list them in a later post. In the meantime my question is:
Has this happened to you and WHAT specifically was it?

Allan