+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new goop

Blog Entries

And isn't it difficult to "thin" goop? The type I have is for repairing furniture and it is super-thick! I can't imagine the amount of mixing it would take to get it to a thinner consistency - and then how long do you have before it sets up/dries?

Karli-Rae

*edited for clarity
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

A small glass or resistant (I would guess polyethylene would work) plastic container and a popsicle stick will do the job nicely. It has to be tightly sealed or you get a goop bottom to your container. If you put the toulene in a rigid plastic container, it may melt the container also.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

You can add a steel ball inside to gently shake to prepere to thinning it down. Makes it more uniform and quicker.

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Hi All;

I have never used Goop. Where do you get it?, hardware stores?, walmart? or online ?

MSD53X,

You can find Goop at most hardware stores and the big box stores. I've been using Marine Goop to attached eyes to streamers for years. I'm not sure if Marine Goop is really different to regular Goop but since I consider anything that goes underwater to be marine related, I use that Goop. Good stuff since it stays pliable and requires no mixing to use it.

Jim Smith

+ Reply to Thread