Quote Originally Posted by 4philbert View Post
I may be in the Colorado Springs area in late October/early November and would be interested in recommendations for fly fishing in the area, types of flies, etc.

Phil
Go to Eleven Mile Canyon. It's west of Colorado Springs, on US 24 past Woodland Park and Divide. It goes a ways and then south before you get to Lake George.

You can also continue west on US 24 to Spinney Mile (aka the Dream Stream) on the S. Platte R. I haven't fished it in years (now I've occasional access to private property below) but my recollection is that it was technical nymphing or a well presented BWO for large trout.

Here is the link to Pat Dorsey's fishing report.

http://www.bluequillangler.com/Pat-D...Stream_Reports

Pick up breakfast and lunch in Woodland Park before heading up. The Donut Mill is the place to stop in for breakfast. Killer donuts, strudels, etc. You can buy stuff for lunch at the City Market or have sandwiches made at the deli.

Haven't fished the Arkansas R. in years (at 12 years). It was outrageous during the caddis hatch in spring but trout were cookie cutter browns. All same size around 13".

Late Oct/early Nov. - Midges (RS2's, WD40, Rojo midge, Juju B, BWO's, streamers!