Hat's off to the great people on this board. Is it just a higher number of highly intelligent good people that fly fish.....or simply that a very high percentage of highly intelligent good people gravitate to this board. I think boaf. (boaf? well, guess I am not in that group) And no I am not an NBA player.

I have some tough times right now. Married 37 yrs and the worst father's day in my life. Wife and daughter got up early and left for the trip to the valley. In the rush to depart they boaf forgot to wish me happy father's day. I sat home, alone, all day. Only one phone call all day from an offspring. I didn't even turn on tv or music. It didn't enter my mind to do so. That stuff just didn't seem important anymore. I just sat there in a chair and looked at the wall all day, I guess in a funk. I live 10 miles on the other side of a small town, which is 3.5 hours from the valley, where all our doctors are. Wife had cancer surgery, chemo, etc two years ago and is still trying to get the feeling back in her hands and feet. Then she fell and broke a hip and had a hip replacement. Geeeez she can't seem to get away from walking with two canes like a slow motion Charlie Chaplin! She has been getting beat up for three years. They had kept the IV port for chemo treatments in her chest for two years just in case. They took it out last month. Gave her a feel good that she was finally ok. We thought she was ok, so we started on getting my body repaired. She was going to do the driving and assist me in the early stages after back surgery. Since April 6 I have had foot surgery, nose surgery and back surgery. Well, Fri befoe father's day they called and said she has multiple lesions on the liver and lung. Needless to say how depressed and heart broken we both are. She is in Phoenix going through hell, and I am home alone going through hell. I am not supposed to lift anything more than a cup of coffee, bend, twist or stretch or drive.....for 3 months! There was originally going to be someone here to help me, I can't even lift a gallon of milk. Now I am alone. uh.....sorry....I didn't mean to take it this far.

Point I really wanted to make with this post is the geat family here. I mentioned my plight on the for sale board on a rod that someone else got. Bless this man. I said I wanted to get it for my wife. He cancelled his order and told the seller to sell it to me. He would rather my wife have it. What a kind, compassionate, generous man. Just a class act. Fortunately I had already made another rod deal and he gets to purchase the rod after all. But what a good man. I don't know his handle so I can't point him out here. Oh, well, I will stick my neck out and state his name is Mr. Jim Sentell. Sorry Mr. Sentell, I just had to tell the family.

Now books on sale on the for sale board. I am thinking what luck, almost all books alrady sold and the one I want is still there. I told the seller...Brummaxxxx something....told him I would buy book number 5. I said it will take a bit to get the check sent out. Life has been hectic for me. Couldn't go to sleep Sun nite till 4:15am. Have not slept well since. I know it seems simple to write a check, but I am very tired and currently in lotta pain. I am going to go to bed. Not looking for sympathy here but just a little patience. Rest assured I will get the check sent.

He replied back to never mind about the check. He is sending the book to me for free. He would really rather do it this way.

Folks there are just some wonderful people in this family of friends that JC and Lf have brought together and raised. I got such a gracious feel good from Bruma's actions, re-affirming there are still a lot of good people in this world.

I got a free book and a GOLD MINE of good feelings.....all free.

Hat's off to this board and all the great men and women that are on here. What a wonderful home here.

A BIG thank you JC and LF for providing this big house, with open arms, and room for all of them to get together. It just restores your faith in people.

Sorry for length of msg but I had to tell it to the family.

Seriously Sincerely and Grateful,

Gem