+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My stuff came

Default My stuff came

Alright! i was so pumped i tied on all of the backing and line backwards, didnt even notice until i started fidgeting with the drag and felt it while i was reeling in lol it sure wasnt fun unwrapping it all (what 200 yards or so) and reeling it back up correctly but ive got it done right now, leader attached, tippet equiped and a dummy fly on. Went out back and started practicing, the basics came back pretty quick and i could get a decent amount of line out so i drove down to close by pond and pulled out 3 blue gills for some kicks . I'm not in as good control of the line as I'd like or better put, need to be. Perhaps I'll order an instructional video, that's what originally got me going back when, any suggestions on one too look for?

Best regards, James

Joan Wulff's Dynamics of fly casting

I'll second Joan Wulff's video, Mel Krieger's is pretty good too.

You won't do this, it's free. [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/cst/cst3498.html:f4033]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/cst/cst3498.html[/url:f4033]
    Oh, sure, you'll read it. But print it out and take it outside? Not a chance. How do I know? Easy. It's never happened so far.

No offense Mr. Castwell, but I have, in fact, printed off those very instructions and taught a complete novice. She did very well and could get out about 30 ft of line within 20 minutes.

Yikes,,, yer kidding, right? First one I'm sure. Ya mean,,, it really works?

JC
    Wrong! and Hydlide isn't the only one. I too have printed your instructions, took them into the backyard with friend wife and her Three Forks rig. She had already "danced" with brook trout by rollcasting across and down, but after following your directions she's now able to cast UPSTREAM and enjoys the heck out of it.
    Bless you 10,000 times!

Bill

------------------
    Name indicates where I fish and for what I fish.
    Name notes where I fish and for what I fish.

"Well gorsh,,," he says blushingly...

well i'll print it and read it through an through, scouts honor!! i may still pick up the tape though ; ive got my fair share to learn as i probabaly didnt know much to begin with, everything you gents throw at me is much appreciatted advice and i thank you for it. The knots i used on the backing to fly line and fly to leader i got off this site, other wise it probably would have been ugly cinch knots (sp?) around (can you do a cinch knot with 2 lines :/ ?) yeah im a sorry case.

Reagards (hoping to get better and better) -James

Nope,, got an idea. Ya can't print it out. Ain't free. Costs, ah,,lets see,, ah, 50 bucks. Ya, that's it, 50 bucks. That makes it valuable and now you'll do it and it will make you a perfect fly caster and very grateful to me forever. Now, that's cheaper than some crumby tape. Give it up. Mine is perfect. You don't have a chance without my page. Hopeless case. You are doomed, I say, doomed! Save yourself. Print it out and
    TAKE IT OUTSIDE AND DO IT!
    (oh ya,,, don't forget to send me lots of money,,,,

[This message has been edited by J Castwell (edited 22 June 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread