Jack,

Also I thought I might mention, watch out for those 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes. One reason I made the purchase was because the Kia Soul has the highest safety rating. My previous car was too light to stop, slam the brakes it just slid, and I have to drive the 101 freeway in Phoenix here which is likely the most dangerous road in the world. I say that having driven commercially the freeways of LA most my life. The mixture of those who learned how to drive in LA with those who learned how to drive in rural USA is a dangerous mix. People can't do 85 in a 65 mixed in with those who have never seen their speedometer go over 45

Having a perfect driving record from 1979 to 2006 my stretch with my last car netted me three accidents and three "Failure to control vehicle to avoid an accident" citations. I just couldn't stop that thing! With the Kia Soul I have already had a few of those close calls. No accident, No citation, but I tell you you I REALLY had to peal my face off the windshield!!!! This vehicle LITERALLY stops on a dime !!! I love it!