+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 15th Anniversary Of FAOL

Hybrid View

Default 15th Anniversary Of FAOL

September 1st 1997, Fly Anglers On-Line hit the World Wide Web Internet. This site was the creation of Deanna Travis who came up with a special site for everything pertaining to fly fishing.

I came across FAOL in October of 1997, and have been a loyal member of FAOL since then.

FAOL has survived where other fly fishing sites have appeared and later disappeared.

This is a site that is now read world-wide, and no money changes hands for anything written here...

Pardon me for be a day late and a dollar short, for posting this message on September 2nd!

Happy 15th Anniversary Deanna, your dream has made believers of all who are now part of this Fraternity of Fly Anglers on FAOL.

Steven H. McGarthwaite (aka: Parnelli)
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Congratulations FAOL! Wonderful site where so many willingly share what they know.

Thank you,it has been a great learning experience for me

It has not only been a learning experience I now have friends scattered across the USA that I have not yet seen, but this is open to change. Thanks for the inspiritation and prespiration to make this great website happen and survive Deanna. I am sure JC is smiling upon you and Neil as you continue on. And thanks to Denny, Ron Tidd, and the other folks who have supported the organization and to REE wherever he is.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Steve, before FAOL I went to a chatroom in AOL, that's where I met Deanna & Jim. I bet we were there at least 2 years before FAOL was started!
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Congrats, Deanna and Happy 15th to FAOL. I am like Uncle Jesse, I have made many new friends here, I may not get to meet them all but I sure will try to do so. Thanks again for all the fun and information, Take care, John.

Happy anniversary FAOL. Thank you Deanna for putting your passion out there for all to share. And thank you to the folks who come here and share your knowledge so free. I am a better fly angler for it.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread