+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Green Mountain by Orvis" stuff

Default "Green Mountain by Orvis" stuff

went inside the WalMart in Greers Ferry, AR, today, where "Green Mountain by Orvis" flies, tippet spools, and leaders are being sold. Does anyone know if this line of merchandise, priced at approx 50% of regular Orvis items, is identical to its brethern?
    Betcha they are, but dunno.

Thanks

Blog Entries

I have one of the rods which came with this line, I bought it when it went on closeout at half price (I wish I had bought two) my thought at the time is if Orvis put its name on it it has to have some type of quality. I have found it to be good entry leval equipment. If your not a highly picky person and just want to fish you will probably be happy with it.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

what do you think of the leaders and tippet spools? Identical to "Super Strong?"

The leaders and tippet are great in my opinion. About norm on streagth. Not near as strong as Super Strong. Good quality and Inexpesive. Perfect for my walet. The Walmart in my area no longer carries it and all of its ff stuff.

Steven

I like the Green Mountain tippet a lot. Unfortunately, I moved south and can't get it in my area anymore. It is not as strong as super-strong, but it is good stuff and quite inexpensive. It is, if I recall, somewhat stronger than Scientic Anglers (which is generally also typically sold at Walmarts). It is also very clear, and quite supple. I like to get flurocarbon when I need a tippet to sink without weight (emergers for example), but I don't want to use it for every FF application and I find Green Mountain to be a great tippet to fill that role. I really don't think you can beat this stuff for the price.

[This message has been edited by Bill Blake (edited 22 June 2006).]

Man how can you beat the Scientific Anglers combo,,, less than $60 bucks? All the goodies with it.

Combo? I'm just referring to tippet.

I do like those reels that come with the scientific anglers combos (concept 2, I think), you can't beat those for the price, either. They're way better than what was going for the same price when I started out. I'd probably use mine more often if my family members would stop giving expensive reels for Christmas. Lately I've been getting nicer reels every year when all I'd really want is an extra spool for one of the reels I already own.

[This message has been edited by Bill Blake (edited 22 June 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread