Quote Originally Posted by branhap View Post
For the Wind River Reservation, the outfitter is a joke. I wouldn't waste my time with him. If you hit the canyon, you can do very very well with streamers.

From Boysen Dam to the first tunnel is actually non-reservation. You'll need a Wyoming license for that area. Scrambling down the canyon isn't as bad as you think. The road pretty much runs along the river, and there are several pullouts. I haven't fished the canyon myself, but a coworker of mine has fished it all summer and has pulled out several large browns this summer using streamers.

Also, do not hesitate to hit the river around Dubois, before you get to the reservation. While it doesn't fish as well in the fall as it does in the spring, it's been doing very well for me this summer.

By the end of September, we're hoping that the flows on the N. Platte @ Grey Reef will be reduced. If that happens, the fishing should be on fire when you get here.
Thanks so much for the info. I've wanted to fish the Wind River for a while now. What CFS should I be looking for on the N. Platte @ Grey Reef by the end of Sept?