Quote Originally Posted by aaron1956 View Post
Ok, Ive made my introduction here so now I am ready to start bombarding yall with questions. I have been out in the yard practicing casting and I keep snagging my fly line with my tippet about 8 or 10 ft from the end of my rod, like I am not getting enough height. End up with a tangled mess. Have a piece of sponge on the end of tippet. I make a pretty good cast every now and then. (Yea I know, a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then too.) Any suggestions?
I think I am gonna get my wife to make a video of me casting and maybe I can see what I am doing wrong. Should get a good laugh anyway!
Mind if I ask you a few questions? Like how much line are you trying to hold in the air, does the rod feel like it working well with the line weight. As in its not over flexing and flopping about in the air or the opposite perhaps showing no sign of reacting to the weight of the line at all, stiff and rigid? Have noticed the crossing of the line on the reverse or rearward projection of the line or only to the forward? If not have you considered why it is or is not. Actually it would be very uncommon to happen on the reverse but anything is possible and its just a question.