Sorry I didn't get with you earlier. I've been out of town.

They way this works is that you commit to join for the year (or in this case, until Jan 2013). Each month, the Host for that month will decide on a theme, and we all tie that type of fly, one for each member. Them we mail them, with toe tags and a postage-paid return envelope, to the host of that month. When the host receives them, he/she will sort them into packages of one each of the patterns and mail them back. We all get a package of 12 different flies each month.

If the host decides on flies smaller than a sz. 20, then that's what we tie for that month. We tie whatever theme the host decides, but it will make you a better tier. Even I got caught a few months ago. Someone found out my only weakness....I am horrible on wet wings. My finished flies for that month were awful, and embarrassing, but I muddled through, anyway. That's the way we do it.

If you can commit to each month between now and Jan, we'd love to have you in the swap. This months theme is Grasshoppers (I don't know if he is including crickets in this definition, or not...). Don't worry about how good you can tie. This isn't a contest. Just let us know if you want in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingfiend View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I was just thinking today, of trying my hand at hopper patterns. I'll get some amterial and try a few. If I can make them good enough to give out, I'll opt in. (If there's still room) If I can't, I'll let this swap pass.
Let you know in a couple of days.