+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Here

Default Newbie Here

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Aaron, I am new here and new to fly fishing. In fact, yesterday was my first day to fly fish. Got pretty frustrated at first but after I caught a few fish (fallfish), I am probably hooked! Looking forward to learning more and this looks like a good place to learn.
    I am 56 years young and have fished all my life but never fly fished. Looking forward to meeting people on here!

Welcome Aaron and congratulations on your first fly fishing trip and your success!! Beware, this sport is not called "the benign addiction" without good reason. And, you have come to the right place, if it isn't known here it probably isn't known.

Vic

Aaron, if you're married you'll need to find a way to camouflage equipment purchase receipts from you-know-who. I'm here for you.

Welcome aboard Aaron. There's lot's of good folks on this site. A few even hail from Texas. Just a heads up. New guys bring donuts and keeps the coffee on the fire. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Welcome! Never too late to enjoy it, that's for sure. Remember, most of what you need to know about flyfishing, you already learned spinfishing. It's just applied differently.

Ralph

Welcome to fly fishing, and welcome to FAOL. These are what an old friend of mine used to call "Good People". If you are like me, put a little oil on your spinning gear to ward off the effects of sitting unused for longer periods of time.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Welcome aboard Aaron! Glad to have you. If you haven't wondered over to the main page, please do so. Lots of great information over there. Read about our founder, the Ladyfisher. She's the reason we have this wonderful place.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

A big welcome from Wyoming!
    Wyo-Blizzard

Welcome, fish are not the only thing that gets hooked.

Welcome Aaron, to a new favorite past-time. Don't give up before giving it a good go, and never be too proud to ask for help. I've watched a lot of people benefit from a day class at BPS for fly fishing. I've seen experienced fly anglers learn a thing or two.
    Just remember, air knots are not our friends !!!
    "Give advice when asked. Give praise when appropriate. Give discipline when needed. Give respect always."

+ Reply to Thread