I got a chance to cast this rod today and was really impressed. First of all the blank diameter is so small and the overall weight of the rods was amazing. I think the rod weighs just a tad over 2 oz. The rod is medium action and is very efficent. One false casts and 40 ft. of line was flying through the air in a nice tight loop. It felt really good to feel the rod load way down the blank, close to the grip. I kept telling myself this is an 8'9" 5 wt. not a 7'6" 1 or 2 wt. This the rod for spring creek fishing with small dries and nymphs. I really like Sage's scaled down full wells grip. Once I slowed down and let the rod do the work, wow what a pleasure to cast. This is a real fishing rod that really shines at casts from 10 to 40 ft. where allot of fish are caught. I did push the rod a little and I was able to shoot 60 ft. of line with ease. I can't say enough how light the rod felt/ was and how the new technology allows for such small blank/ ferrule diameters. Finally, this rod would be a absolute blast for panfish and bass. As cool as this rod is, it is way beyond what I would spend on a fly rod. Maybe in future when Sage discontinues this series I will buy one. Also, I heard rumor the new Orvis Helios 2 rods are going to sell for $900.00. Is this price really true?

Lanny