Thread: Looking for information about "Golden Falcon" fly rod

Threaded View

Default Looking for information about "Golden Falcon" fly rod

New user with first post. I recently inherited an 8 and a half foot foot 4-piece "Golden Falcon" fly rod from my dad's estate and am trying to learn more about it. No line weight is indicated on the rod or the rod sleeve it came in.

I already contacted the Falcon Rod company. They say it's not theirs. Apparently they've gotten other email inquiries about the Golden Falcon rods, but they have been unable to find any info online. Neither can I.

It's a chocolate brown color - darker than a Sage. The underside of the largest section has a gold logo with the words ?Golden Falcon? and an outline of a soaring falcon. To the right (closer to the cork grip) it says 50% GRAPHITE PACK FLY ROD. To the right of that it says 8 1/2 FEET 4 SECTIONS and to the right of that it has a gold logo of a fish profile with the head on the right. The reel seat is plastic and down locking. The code D.M.P.S.-16 is stamped on it.

It feels like a medium to slow action rod. I think it would be great for bass bugging, but am not sure what line to use with it. I'm guess a 6 or 7 weight would work ok. Any specifications or information about this rod would be appreciated, as it's a remembrance of my dad and I'd love to know more about it.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by redside; 08-23-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Characters don't show up correctly.