+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good things about your home state?

Hybrid View

Default Good things about your home state?

I was lucky enough to hear Three of these folks at a party the other night with some other great musicians. I looked up the video and loved it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMVG4...feature=fvwrel
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Unfortunately, the former star of Michigan (Detroit) has pretty much become a cancerous canker that cause many of us to overlook a otherwise beautiful state. I sat in a meeting with a lovely TN lady last night who had just returned from upstate MI with her Detroit native husband. It was her first time to the area and she was enthralled with the beautiful scenery and people. Her husband will not even entertain the thought of moving back because of the winters however.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I will admit that I avoid Detroit, but I would also avoid Atlanta or anyplace else with more parking lots and buildings than open spaces. The city is taking some small steps toward recovery but the flight of so many major employers to cheaper labor has created massive problems. As for winter, It is a small price to pay for not having water moccasins and gators. I'm happy living in a place where I don't have to worry about okra or grits showing up on my plate. Hearing Ruth sing her song last week just made me remember to appreciate it.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowchaser View Post
    As for winter, It is a small price to pay for not having water moccasins and gators. I'm happy living in a place where I don't have to worry about okra or grits showing up on my plate.
    It's it great that you would rather deal with winter and I would rather deal with cottonmouths and gators because if everyone like one or the other those places would get more crowded than they are now. I had a client ask me to come to MN in January several years ago, I don't think it got above 0 deg. F all week and I had to cancel a trip to another town because of a white out. No thank you, where is my cottonmouth. Okra is good fried and in other dishes, too slimey for me when boiled and grits are binder material for other things with flavor in them. But I would love to visit one July when you are having summer.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I miss several things about Michigan especially after just returning last week from our family cabin in northern Michigan (Indian River). I miss the fishing on the rivers / lakes Michigan has to offer, the cooler temperatures during the summers and the beauty of northern Michigan but I surely don't miss the cold, wet, snowy winters or the Detroit area.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

We all lived in Michigan before we moved to Montana - love much about it...but the winters here are well worth avoiding too (at least at our age, if you ski it's great *S*). Neither of us still has family in Michigan and that makes a huge difference in what one considers to be "home". Really nice video.

+ Reply to Thread