+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone with a Radisson Canoe?

Default Anyone with a Radisson Canoe?

Hi,
    After a failed attempt to get a NuCanoe on my car, many thanks to WarrenP for his help, I still need a craft of some floatation to get out there! I've looked, on line, at the Radisson Canoe line. The 12' is only 34 lbs, compared to the NuCanoe at 55 lbs, and looks like I could muscle it, well struggle it, on the car. I realize it is very thin aluminum, but I don't intend to do more than launch, fish and come back. No Class whatever rapids for this old guy!
    So, any thoughts would be wonderful!
    Thanks,
    Mike

I think you are talking about one of these little fellows, I have looked at them and coveted on back when I was in MS with lots of farm ponds around. The aluminum is about like a thick beer can but with a little TLC it should last a long time. It you got a hole the thing is lined with non-pourous foam.

girl holding canoe.JPG
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

3. Default

I used to own a 12 footer. As mentioned they are light and easy to handle. This canoe is very wide for its short length and paddles very slowly. They are a nice stable platform to fish from if you don't need to go very far or keep up with other canoes. The foam interior lining helps to make them quiest and they are warmer than a standard aluminum canoe in cold water.

We have one at the cottage. As mentioned above they are no speedster and the lack of real seats can be a pain. That being said they are very light and extremely stable. From personal experience I know you can get two guys and a quarter of a moose in one of them. Albeit there isn't a lot of free board left.

Thanks so far all. I'm not concerned about slow paddling, I'll probably get a trolling motor with paddle backup. There is a place near me that has the excess inventory of a sport shop that went out. Going to try to get there on Monday and see if I can get this puppy, er canoe, on the car.
    Keep those thoughts coming!!!
    Thanks,
    Mike

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Have you considered an inflatable? I love my Advanced Elements Convertible Yak, and wouldn't Trade it for any hard-shell.

There are great inflatable canoes made by Sevylor (Rio, and Colorado models), Advanced Elements, Saturn, and Sea Eagle. They inflate quickly, handle very well, are durable and safe, and weight very little. They can be easily transported in the trunk of your car.

Just an idea......

+ Reply to Thread