I love good barbecue, a word derived from an Indian word for meat cooked over wood. The Spaniard learned this shortly after Columbus landed and went through the Homeland Security screening. I wasn’t in the original landing party but came along shortly afterward. Several years ago I was at barbecue restaurant in Chapel Hill when the owner came by and ask “How’s your meal?” I wasn’t as happy with it that day as I had been in the past so he gave a look and said “Oh, you got mostly inner meat” He was a nice guy and sat down and we chatted. He was a certified (not sure by whom) barbecue judge. He told me in some areas (Memphis) barbecue was about the smoke, in other area it was about the sauce. He said he judge a contest in Cleveland, OH where one contestant cooked his ribs in a pizza oven. One of the things is missed living in the Atlanta area is good barbecue, there are 80 barbecue restaurants in the Memphis phone book. Almost every little town in north Mississippi has at least one barbecue joint, they are all about the smoke. Now I have worked myself into a state where it would be dangerous to get between me and a dry rubbed rack of ribs.