+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone tell me what kind of rod this is??

Default Can anyone tell me what kind of rod this is??

I was told it was from Japan and it has 2 tips, one for a fly rod and one to make it a spinning/casting rod....it also doesn't have a handle..There is a metal ferrel(I think thats what it's called) where I think 2 different handles would go on.....There is nothing that can be read on the logo...

let me know if you have any idea....

That is one of the Kit rods made in Japan. They came in a wooden box with line, flies, sinkers and some times a feel. Many of them were brought back from Japan. They would usually be able to be sit up as a casting rod or a fly rod, using just one handel. You turned it around to make what rod you wanted. It had a ferral on each end of the handle. It also had a rubber plug to put in the end you were not using. Hope this helps you. John

------------------
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

any idea of a brand name???? also the handle is missing...any idea of where to get one or have one made????

IMOHO Joel it is not worth bothering with. More than likly you came by it free. That is why you have it, it is not usable in the condition it is in. Every now and then someone on ebay will sell a bundle of fly rod butt ends only. Or a budle of tips only. They got there from parts like you have. Look around at garage sales for broken rods, etc. I see spinning rods all the time dirt cheap at garage sales. Don't plan on finding much fly gear though, you will rarely run into a fly rod at a garage sale, but if you do....it will be broken and maybe fit into your plans. Good luck, Jonezee

I can not tell the brand name, there were so many made. As for a handle look on ebay, there are many of them there some complete kits some just parts. Price range 10.00 to 100.00 dollars depending on how complete they are. Also check yard sales. Wish I could be of some more help. As said above they are fairly cheap and not worth putting much money in. John

------------------

[This message has been edited by bassman (edited 20 June 2006).]

Whatever you do don't sand or strip the varnish if you have problems with Poison Ivy, many of the black lacquered rods from that period had Poison Ivy oil in the lacquer and can cause you some discomfort if it's inhaled.

------------------
    Oct Woods
    Visit my website:
    [url=http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2h7gi/fishnbanjossliceoflifeincyberspacecopy/index.html:77825]Fishnbanjos Place[/url:77825]

[This message has been edited by October Woods (edited 20 June 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread