Thread: Wader booty size trouble

Threaded View

You said you didn't want to spend a fortune on waders and I don't blame you; however, to really solve the problem you are having there are really only two ways to go but they cost a little more than what you might want to spend. Unfortunately when you are hard to fit, if you really want something to fit right, you have to cough up the money. It would be great to be 5'9" with a size 9 foot and you could find something that fits at just about anyplace you look. Like me, You don't sound like an off the rack sort of guy -- that is, you are hard to fit.

For neoprene waders, there is a company called "Bare" that will custom make neoprene waders for you. One of my friends is a short rolly-polly type guy and he stumbled onto them and had a set of waders made. I followed suit and it was finally nice to finally have a pair of neoprene waders that fit everywhere -- feet, inseam, crotch, waist, chest, etc. You can find them on the internet. They also make wet suits. For breathable waders, go to your fly shop and try on different simms wader sizes ignoring for the most part the booty size. Get the waders that fit and then have them order custom booties or boots (like bogs) for your feet. I have done this also and have waders that fit well and provide me with choices for both really cold temps and for more temperate situations.

Simms might replace booties on other manufacturers wader products; however, they may not want to get involved with a product other that their own.
    Last edited by Orthoman; 08-14-2012 at 09:48 AM.