Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
Is the main reason people buy the Beta rod that they get more oooh's and aaah's, or is it really worth that much more? What say all?
Honestly I dont know and dont care.

The beauty of a free market - build the item you want to build and sell if for the price you want to sell it. As long as it sells for that price then the company will remain in business. It doesn't have to be special or better or unique or different.

You as the consumer have the choice to buy the expensive item or the cheaper item. You dont need to have any particular reason other than that is the one you want.

I dont get the point of trying to justify fly rod prices or purchases. i will never condemn a company for selling a rod at whatever price they want to sell it for. It is their business and their choice. But I also reserve the right to choose not to buy that particular rod. I also will never condemn (or envy) another person for their purchase of any rod no matter why they choose to purchase it. Heck if you think the color of the blank brings out the flecks in your eyes and that is enough justification for you to pay the price then good for you, glad you found something to make you happy.