My son, Michael, is currently a resident of the Island Nation, living in Dayton, doctoral student at Miami of Ohio. He called to update us on his latest happenstance in life, Sunday morning someone came to his front door and rang the doorbell repeatedly, 5 or 6 times. He figured it was someone from a local religion he did not want to deal with but was watching out his upstairs window. No one ever left the door and walked down the sidewalk in front of the house. He goes to investigate, finds the gate to the backyard open, goes further and finds a guy removing the screen from a first floor window. At this point my son verbally assaults the guy who takes off running.

Michael calls the police who respond quickly get the guys description and return fairly quickly with a suspect, who Michael ID's as the would be burglar. Monday the detective calls Michael to let him know the burglar had been released from jail for burglary 30 minutes before his attempted breakin. I'm wondering if that's a record for the shortest stay out of jail.