Thread: First try at stacked deer hair

Threaded View

Yes that is much better! You are doing fine... I don't know if I'd follow Kyle's (bowfin47) advice, although I did 10 at a time the way he says to do it until I'd done thirty, and at about thirty I had a good idea of what was going on! If you've spun thirty, you've got an idea about how to push hair tight and how much hair to cut and spin for each little thing you are doing. You are doing fancy stuff starting out which is usually uncalled for. Most of us use one color of hair until we learn to spin then start adding colors of hair in order to add the fancy touch's of artist-ship. The stacking is the easy part. So keep on keeping on and have fun!
    Michael

He is correct in saying that Billy Munn has the BEST FLY TYING VIDEO in production. Billy is a friend of mine and a member of my fly club and he is somewhat a miracle worker when it comes to building the "Messenger Frog". He also builds a wonderful grasshopper that looks absolutely real, all out of deer hair. Billy is one of "The Men!" when it comes to deer hair tying.
    Last edited by mahanvey; 08-15-2012 at 04:55 PM.