I started the day out using my Daiwa Kiyose 33SF and a furled line from Brandon of Moonlitflies. After a couple of test casts to get a feel for the new line I went to the water and tied on a size 16 crackleback with over sized hackle that I tied the night before. After getting into some dinks and a couple small bass I switched over to a parachute style emerger I tied.

I caught a more dink gills and 6" bass fingerlings. Then I started getting into the 6 to 8 inch gills. While walking the bank I stepped onto of a drainage pipe and spooked out a bass that could have pushed 7 lbs. A little further down the bank closer to a larger drainage pipe I hooked into a nice fat gill that was close to 11 inches and pushing close to 1.5 lbs. Also he was starting to get a good humphead.

After a couple pics and retying my knots I make about 5 more cast and hook into a decent bass. After hooking the bass he jumped close to 4 ft out of the water. After some head shaking and trying to through the hook he decided to try and break off by diving into the bottoms of the weeds. After a min of not being able to pull him from the weeds using the rod I grabbed the line and pulled it from a lower angle and he came out. A short bit latter and he was possing for the camera before going back to the deep.

After a break for some dinner, I went out and fished my Amago for the first time in a few months. It was a little awkward feeling after fishing light rods but I was able to get the hang of it again. I caught some more smaller gills and small bass to end the day. All in all it was a good day fishing.

Mike P.