Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Joan Wulff achive this!

Hybrid View

Default Help Joan Wulff achive this!

Edited for better understanding and clarification after further conversations with petitioner.

Joan Wulff, the First Lady of Fly Fishing, if you appreciate what she has done for the sport of fly fishing...I hope you will take less than a minute of time to say that it's time she be recognized and welcomed among her peers.

Joan has wished over the years that her peers at the Angling Club of New York...the most prestigious angling club in North America, would recognize her as an equal, and ask her into the membership as an honorary member. There is no question that Joan is qualified and deserving of it. The problem is she's a woman. If you believe it's time to recognize her as an equal in the sport of fly fishing among her male peers... You can help complete her bucket list. PLEASE sign the petition below.

https://www.change.org/
    petitions/sport-angling-community-sign-if-joan-is-good-enough-to-be-a-member-of-anglers-club-of-ny?utm_campaign=friend_inviter_modal&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=7419849

Look for updated petition shortly.
    Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 08-01-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: better understanding and clerification
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

DONE!!!!! Wish I could do more

Every fly angler could learn something from the great Joan Wulff including the members of the Angling Club of New York.

Just how will not being a member diminish her accomplishments, I don't think it will. Nor would I wish to be part of an organization that did not wish my participation. Who is trying to prove what here, I'm sure the ACNY has heard of Ms Wulff and will decide for themselves.
    Capt. Paul Darby Dont wait to be ask, get out and teach.

grrfish1... Beautiful!! (NOT) Your response and attitude are the perfect example of the problem. Just tell us why she doesn't deserve a spot in the the club along with her male peers.

Hopefully it spurs others into participating.

It has nothing to do with what YOU think...it's what SHE thinks, and it's HER wish.

She's now 88 years old, and this has been at the top of her bucket list for a very long time. It simply time she was recognized as an equal in the sport of Fly Fishing.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

Mato. I signed and I totally agree. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mato Kuwapi View Post
    grrfish1... Beautiful!! (NOT) Your response and attitude are the perfect example of the problem. Just tell us why she doesn't deserve a spot in the the club along with her male peers.

Hopefully it spurs others into participating.

It has nothing to do with what YOU think...it's what SHE thinks, and it's HER wish.

She's now 88 years old, and this has been at the top of her bucket list for a very long time. It simply time she was recognized as an equal in the sport of Fly Fishing.
    First there is no honor in coercion, and thus no satisfaction in acceptance. If one cannot accept rejection with grace it not the they who is truly diminished, but rather the one. I would not wish to believe Ms. Wullf is actively spearheading this devise, but could be convinced much to my disappointment should that be the case. It would be an unworthy effort to undertake the assumption of Ms. Wullfs loss of stature in the fly fishing chronicle as a legend by her own accomplishments. Should she not succeed in besting the ramparts of the only notable all male bastion of fly fishing, her place will remain secure.
    Capt. Paul Darby Dont wait to be ask, get out and teach.

I can find no evidence that either of these statements are true. Enlighten me, please. I certainly don't understand why someone of Joan Wulff's style and grace would find such a membership desirable, much less prestigious.

[QUOTE=Mato Kuwapi;459099]
    Joan want's very much to become a member of the Angling Club of New York...the most prestigious angling club in North America.

Who is Kathryn Maroun and why is Change.org involved?
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

The most modern day example: If Tiger Woods, avoided going head to head with unjust segregation and bowed to your way of thinking, he would have never played in the Masters... It's the same thing...
    It's about segregation in a sport where women are truly equals with men. It's time to fix that.

Closed Thread