I just wanted to thank Bruce (dryflyguy) for getting the Pa fish-in together. He did a wonderful job. I could only spend Friday with them but what a day! Everyone I met made me feel welcome.
I had a tremendous day fishing Pine Creek, which I hadn't fished in 15 years. The stream was much larger than I remember. In the morning Bud an Dave welcomed me along and I had a banner morning catching and releasing five, fat, 12in. to 15in. bows and browns. Then I hooked up with a huge fish that took nearly all of my fly line off the reel, twice! However, it swam into a shallow area and threw the fly! Even though I lost him, I fought him for ten min., he spooled me twice, all with a #16 cream sulfer and 7X 2.5 tippet! It was the largest fish I ever had the pleasure of fighting.
The guys from FAOL welcomed me to have supper with them, them I fished again in the evening with others...and caught and released two more heafty browns before I had to head home!
Next year I'll be the first to sign up to stay with the guys at the main lodge and now I know one day will not do!
Ron Gregorchik