+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arrowhead Ranch Outing & pics

Default Arrowhead Ranch Outing & pics

First I must apologize for not being very active here on FAOL lately. My Dad died in 2005 and I have been the sole provider for my Mom's health and well-being ever since. She does not drive and still lives in the home where her and Dad lived. She fell about 3 weeks ago and broke her hip and has come through the surgery fine and is now in Rehab to see if they can get her up and walking with a walker so she can return home. She will be 90 years old in August and I have spent 4 to 5 hours each day at the Rehab with her which has taken up much of my time.

The Lynchburg Fly Fishing Club, which I belong to, decided that they wanted to have an outing with the "boys" at Arrowhead Ranch and we had it yesterday, Tuesday, and I think all had a great time. Our weather has been very hot with temps in the high 90's and the Duck River water temps has forced us to become warm water species fly fishermen which is fine with the boys as long as they get their "string" jerked.

Here is fellow FAOL member, Jack Hise, helping out one young man. I really appreciated Jack's help:

Since I also help with the Disabled Vets at our local VA Hospital, some of them wanted to get involved with helping the "boys". Here is one of them:

Here is my "star" student. He refuses to fish with anything but a fly rod. He loves it and does well:

Here is one of the club members assisting a young man:

After fishing for the morning, we all returned for lunch with the boys:

I really appreciated the support and help from some of the members of the Lynchburg Fly Fishing Club and I think they had a good time too:

I decided I would make the boys some home made ice cream. I had three freezers going. Flavors were: Vanilla Coke, Root Beer and Sundrop:

I am most thankful for all the help and donations that the members of FAOL have made towards helping the "boys" at Arrowhead Ranch. You have enriched their lives and mine. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

You're a good man Warren!!

Hope your Mom is able to return home soon!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Thumbs up

bobbyg comment +1

You are doing a fine thing Warren. Both for your momma and the boys. Nice job too Jack.

Thanks for sharing.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Blog Entries

I'm proud of you, Warren. I'm praying for you and your Mother.

Ed

It's REALLY COOL to see the boys doing well and enjoying the outings. Thanks for the update on the Ranch.
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

I'm glad to see the boys are keeping you and Jack out of trouble, an old man with nothing to do will mess up everytime. You are doing the Lord's work and doing a good job of it I would say. Keep it up.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Warren's "Star" has claimed as his own a rod built by our own Kaboom1! Before we set out to fish Tuesday morning the young man showed me "His" rod and said "Mr. Patterson says you know this man, "Brad Sherrick". When I told him that I did and that we were good "Fishing Buddies" I got this wide eyed look like I walked with Legends!! Hope Brad can make it down this year and fish with him. Its a very rewarding experiance!

Hey Warren, keep up the good work as a role model. Let us know when more equipment is needed.
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread