+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost/Stolen rod

Hybrid View

Default Lost/Stolen rod

Well, talk about a shot in the dark! I lost two sections (handle and middle) of a Winston WT 8' 4wt rod, with an Okuma reel and brand new Rio WF line, at Island Pond in Chisholm Trail Park, Wichita, Kansas (Warning: always make sure the zipper on those reel-on cases is zipped shut before slinging it over your shoulder!). Went back; gone. I posted signs saying you can keep the reel and line and I'll pay to get the rod back; no response. Then I posted signs offering a rod tip, tube and sack for sale; never got a response to those either. What anyone would want with two sections of a three-piece fly rod I don't know, but whatever.

The rod's been gone a couple years (hence the "shot in the dark" comment) but I still miss it. I know there are some fishers from the area on the board; if anybody knows anything, the reward still stands. Thanks...
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

HOPE SOMEONE STEPS UP BUT.....
    i LOST A CABELAS FLYFISHING JACKET A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO AFTER STRIPER FISHING ON THE NORTH SHORE OF MA. HAD ABOUT 6 FLYBOXES FULL OF FLIES. HAD MY NAME AND ADDRESS ON STICKY LABELS ON EACH ONE. REALIZED MY LOSS WITHIN ABOUT A HALF HOUR. BACKTRACKED TO NO AVAIL. DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE LEAST. MY MISTAKE IN LOSING THE JACKET AND GEAR BUT I THINK THAT THE PERSON WHO FOUND IT IS NOTHING BUT A THIEF.
    GOOD LUCK,
    STRIPER33

+ Reply to Thread